Monday, October 12, 2009

Incognito

Tonight I went to FHE in my new ward. I've only been to their sacrament meeting once, but I went anyway. They were having a harry potter themed activity, and they said that costumes were encouraged. So I gave Tom a call, and he let me borrow his Dumbledore costume from several years ago. It was great, I went to FHE all decked out as Dumbledore, and because I had only been there once, no one knew who I was! It was driving the Bishop nuts. The only downside is when no one know who you are, no one is willing to socialize with you :( .
Anyway, after FHE, I thought it might be fun to go get a Jamba Juice. I walked in the store, and the only people who were there were the workers and two girls sitting at a table. About 15 seconds after I came in, the girls got a weird look on their face and left. Their loss. The workers also had a priceless look on their face. "So whats this all about? Costume party?"
"Oh no, I just heard that muggle jamba juices were absolutely bewitching, so I had to come and try one myself."
One of the workers, wearing thick bottle glasses, said "You know, this is a great idea. I should go dressed up to a store like that. Of course, I would probably go as my D&D character."
The rest of the evening I couldn't stop thinking "Good gravy, I hope I don't come across as being that nerdy."

3 comments:

lilli said...

what is a D&D character?... and when are we going to go as zoton the dragon slayer and xena warrior princess??

Julie said...

I had to laugh. I wish I could have been there to watch the reactions at Jamba Juice. Did the bishop ever guess who you really were or does he think that Dumbledore crashed the party?

Emily said...

I remember when Tom wore that costume. Everyone in Barnes and Noble thought he was a worker there, and some people asked to get their pictures taken with him!! Ha ha!