Friday, September 25, 2009

I don't want to toot my own horn... no really, I don't!

So last Saturday morning, I spent a good amount of time with Dad trying to fix the horn on my car. I wanted to take it in to get it registered, and I knew the horn didn't work. After about 2 hours and taking apart the car's electrical system, Dad got it to work. I know, I saw him do it.
So then I am off on my merry little way to get my car registered. As I am pulling my car into the inspection bay, the horn decides that it has a few things to say, and is very angry about it. And it wouldn't stop. I eventually had to pop the hood, jump out of the car, and unplug the horn. I took about 2 minutes to adjust some things, to the point where it was working again. But man, I sure got some great looks.
Anyway, I failed the inspection, but not because of the horn, though I'm sure that didn't exactly make a good first impression with the inspection staff. In any case, it's working now, and it doesn't stick anymore.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Grandma Dixon used to say that cars were expensive necessities. I think they are also inconvenient necessities too! Good luck with getting your car inspected Jim.

Tom Dixon said...

Ha! That's great.

I've had some fun inspection experiences too. I once got my car to pass, but ended up pushing it out of the inspection bay because it wouldn't work after passing inspection!

Whitney Denney said...

You just deserve attention. You're car cares about you and wanted to help you out.