Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Note to Jim:

So this morning I went to a breakfast at my work for all of the interns in our Salt Lake office. There were 6 of us there, and it was nice to meet people and such, but quite frankly, it seemed a little dull. The lady running the breakfast asked us all to go around and explain how and why we decided to pursue an internship at my work. They started with me.

"Well, I guess it all started when I was a little boy. I just loved putting sharp metallic objects into electrical outlets, and over the years it began to have an affect on me to the point where it just seemed natural to go into the power industry."

blank stares.

Note to Jim... that one didn't work.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Jim, IN the real world, people are a little slower when it comes to thinking up a witty response. Besides how do you top someone who pokes things in electrical outlets?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Try it this way next time:


"Well, I guess it all started when I was a little boy.

Stare out a window with a dreamy, faraway look

I just loved putting sharp metallic objects into electrical outlets, and over the years it began to have an affect on me to the point where . . .


take a moment to regain your composure briefly covering your mouth with your hands

. . . it just seemed natural to go into the power industry."