Sunday, November 14, 2010

The MAN Expo!!!

So yesterday, Adam and I had the opportunity to participate in "THE MAN EXPO"! It bragged to have all things MAN, and since Adam and I fall under the the category of "MAN", we decided to check it out.

It had all sorts of MANLY things there. They had motorcycles, sports cars, remote control helicopters, a jousting arena, cage fighting, a mechanical bull, eating contests, arm wrestling contests, weight lifting contests, paintball range, basketball contests, football contests, and even a cage where you can smash up cars with a baseball bat.

Why must he always 1-up me?


As fun as cage fighting sounded, Adam and I opted to participate mostly in the Gaming Tournament, playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Adam and I have played this game. He owns it. We enjoy having a little bout every now and again. Heck, we're the best players in the family, so we thought we could do pretty well in something like this. What I am about to describe is not suitable for all levels of gamers:

It hurt. A lot. These guys handed my spleen to me on a silver platter! They were using moves that I couldn't even dream were possible! One guy was pulling bombs out and juggling them like they were apples, and they always seemed to end up landing right on my head. My brain doesn't even move as fast as those guys, let alone my fingers! It had been a long time since I had such a humbling experience. I lost every single match. I didn't win one. I never even came close! They slaughtered me, every single time. One guy was playing against me while carrying on a conversation with the guy next to him! Adam did considerably better, although he also lost most of his matches. However, he gave them a run for their money every time.

While feeling down on myself, I decided to take a step back and look at the big picture. With all due respect, most of the guys there, although the best in the state at this game, looked like they were in their mid twenties and probably still living in their parents basement without a job. I am getting a college degree, have a really good job, and have a beautiful girlfriend. I may not win at the game, but I win at Life!

In the end, Adam and I were able to get some quality MAN time in together. He even said he grew a few chest hairs due to this experience. If that's the case, than he is ahead of me. I guess he's more of a MAN! Aw MAN!

7 comments:

dixon.mary said...

hey jim this is steven not mom and I bet I can give you and adam a run for your money at brawl lets set a time so I can beat you both. (I wish I could have gone).

Adam said...

Pfft! Yeah right. Those guys stole all my money that you can't run with
! Besides, I can beat you three seconds flat now that I know juggling bombs is not as dangerous as it looks!

Jim said...

OOOOOOOO SNAP!!!!! Looks like we're going to have to organize something so you two can settle this the old fashioned way!

Eliza said...

Don't let that girl go! I haven't ever seen her so happy-- thanks Jim.

red said...

1-up...ba dum ching!

dixon.mary said...

This is Steven.
@Adam -- you're on!!
@Jim -- don't think you can get out of it. You're playing too!


Let's invite Chris too. Thanksgiving break?

Adam said...

Sounds good! If I can beat Jim, then I can especially beat you. Chris on the other hand, he's getting pretty tough.